Butterfly Preschool started in the summer of 2003.
Today we have two departments : Pupporna (1,5 – 4 years old) and Fjärilarna (4-6 years old) .
We are able to accommodate up to 28 children aged 1 ½ -3.5 years old and up to 30 children aged 4-6 years old.
Preschool Butterfly is a Montessori -inspired and language -oriented preschool.
The preschool follows Swedish national curriculum for the preschool, Lpfö98 , Stockholm City preschool plan and uses the ideas of Maria Montessori’s philosophy.
Preschool Butterfly’s goal is to support and encourage children to :
• Be independent but also develop in a group .
• Develop their natural sense of order, responsibility and consideration for each other.
• Get an understanding of their environment. Appreciate and respect both their own culture and other cultures .
• Work to develop their gross and fine motor skills .
• Get the opportunity to work with all their senses.
• Develop a sense of Swedish and English languages . Richness in expression and vocabulary increases the opportunity and security in the use of languages.
• We want to plant ” seeds ” in the field of cultural sciences, mathematics , English and Swedish.
Our children work a lot with their hands, because ” Hands are the brain’s gears’ “